Simple Energy-Saving Tips to Trim your Utility Bill! by EnRoute on June 22, 2012
With Summer officially here, we're sharing some simple energy-saving tips to trim your utility bills!
- Replace traditional light bulbs with compact flourescents.
- Opt for desk or reading lamps to avoid unnecesarily lighting an entire room.
- Raise the thermostat on your air conditioner by 10% when you leave for the day.
- Use an ice tray. Automatic icemakers increase a refrigerator's energy consumption by 14-20%
- Clean coils on your refrigerator.
Looking for even greater savings? We're on your side with recommendations for local professionals who can increase your home's energy efficiency through cost-efficient improvements.
As always, please be sure to share our contact info with anyone you know who may need real estate advice!